Golden Words of Wisdom by Hadrat Daata Ganj Bakhsh 'Ali al-Hajweri Radi ALLAHu Ta'ala Anho
* A person’s nobility and elevation in status is not judged by miracles but by chastity and purity in his dealings.
* The deterioration of the entire nation is based on 3 things deteriorating – When the ruler is uneducated – When an Aalim does not practice upon his knowledge – and when the poor lose faith in ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
* The saviour of a person is his adherence to religion and his destruction is in his objections to it.
* If any desires based on you own desires enters any work then the blessings are taken away from it.
* Knowledge is expansive while a person’s life span is short, therefore it is not compulsory to learn the many different branches of knowledge although it is necessary to learn that much as is required to make deeds and actions proper and correct.
* To stay away from unmindfully wealthy, the lazy needy and the ignorant dervishes is regarded as worship and prayer.
* A Sufi is that person who has the Quraan in one hand and the sunnat of the Prophet Sallallaho Alaihi wa Sallam in the other.
* Fanah (lost in the remembrance of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala), it’s explanation is the eradication of ignorance, to obtain knowledge and destroy desires and neglectfulness, to adopt constant remembrance of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala. This quality now becomes to constant and that’s when the person is totally absorbed in ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala ‘s love as a result he becomes immortal by self destruction.
* Acceptance are of 2 types – firstly the acceptance of the servant by the supreme master (ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala) and secondly the acceptance of the master by the servant ie. His every action and every decision is either followed or pleasurable in its prohibition. That person sees the “Hand” of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala in every bounty and he regards sorrow and happiness, life and death as the bounties of ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
* Tasawwuf (Sufism, Mysticism) has a few levels, firstly forgiveness, Secondly – Inclination towards ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala, Thirdly – abstinence from the pleasures of the World, Fourthly – Total reliance on ALLAH SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.
* To worship successfully the position of manifestations and observations is reached.
* Oh! Dear friends, seek knowledge, learn knowledge and practice on that knowledge.
* A poor person is he who possesses nothing in the World nor does he wish to possess anything nor does he show sorrow at the loss of any Worldly possession.
* Marriage is lawful for every man and woman. He who can support a wife and family, then it is Sunnah for him but he who cannot safeguard himself from Haram, it becomes Fard upon him to marry.
* The most excellent form of Ibadah is to oppose your desires.
* The example of the soul is similar to Shaytan and to oppose it is the wonder of worship.